Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Red Leaf announces Trading Card Series A!

Red Leaf Comics is pleased to announce a set of trading cards featuring three heroes and four villains!

Trading Card Series A: Heroes & Villains

Heroes: The Golden Age Leaf, Jill Canada, and The Modern Leaf.

Villains: Zomboid --the Zombie Android, Scorched Earth, Tundrus, Lord of the Tundra, and the Mass. 

The cards will be on sale individually or in a discounted set of seven!
When Red Leaf publisher John Helmer first mentioned (on Twitter) a forthcoming card set which would include three heroes from the company's cast, I automatically assumed that the cards would display the three versions of his flagship character, The Leaf.

Well, two out of three ain't bad. In fact, in this case, I think I prefer it.

The third character is actually Jill Canada, sidekick of sorts to the Golden Age Leaf.  Her appearances have been limited so far, hence my difficulty in scoring a good shot of her.  Here are a few panels from Surprising Theater #2, however.



She also shows up at bottom right on this Golden Age Leaf pinup by Stuart Berryhill.


I don't know what the plans are for Jill.  I suspect that she will also become a so-called "legacy" character whose proverbial torch gets passed down from generation to generation.  And if I'm wrong, well...I suggest it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment