Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Gryfalcon by Red Leaf Comics

Happy Easter, fellow fans of Canadian comics!

What am I doing on here on Easter morning?  Well, my fantastic wife is making brownies so the most logical course of action is to get out of the way and let the magic happen.  There's no way that my presence will lead to a better result, but plenty of potential for my presence to cause profanity, so I'm in another room, workin' the blog.

Prior to that, I spent a couple of minutes reading a digital comic that I purchased a few days ago from Red Leaf Comics.

I had seen Sky Watchers in their online store before but was not drawn to what appeared to be a sci-fi anthology.  Not that it look to be a bad product at all, it's just not my thing.

However, one of the variant covers featured a superhero named Gryfalcon that seemed to be more along the lines of what I look for.  I bought and downloaded Sky Watchers #1 to see if Gryfalcon was the TSOG type.  He absolutely is.

Gryfalcon's adventures (which, by the way, take place in North Bay) are written by Canadian Dino Caruso.  If you're not familiar with Mr Caruso, here is an interview he did with Red Leaf publisher John Michael Helmer last year in which they discuss his past work.  Mr Caruso also has a website of his own which includes a link to a regularly-updated blog.

Sky Watchers #1 only features five pages of Gryfalcon material, but that material is part one of four.  Working out that complex math in my head, I would assume (and hope) that we can expect a compilation at some point.  I would love to get my hands on a print version of Gryfalcon #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment