Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Orion Magazine online

Ugh.  I'd been looking for this for some time, then totally stumbled into it while mentionning Mark Shainblum in the Captain Canuck Easter eggs post.  While I'm happy to find it, there's an underlying frustration caused by wondering why I had such difficulty doing so when I was actually searching for it.

Nonetheless...For those who are unfamiliar with it, I can't add much more of an introduction to Orion Magazine (The Canadian Magazine of Time and Space) than what is already said on this page.  It should be pointed out that while issues three to eight are available, most (all?) of the material from the first two issues is included among those six.

I first began looking for Orion  (and failing) when I heard of a character named Canadiana appearing prominently within its pages.  I later found another source from which to enjoy that character's short-lived adventures so gave up the search.

I'm pleased to have ultimately located Orion anyway because it includes additional Canadiana material, as well as some of the Captain Canuck newspaper strip.  I haven't checked yet to see if the strips are the same that are provided with the collected edition of the Captain's book, but if not, it helps complete the collection.

The magazines also feature interviews with creators such as Marv Wolfman and William Gibson, articles, reviews, etc.  If you didn't know about it, I'm sure you'll find it a nice addition to your Canadian comics resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment