Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

E.H. Joes: Real Canadian Heroes?!

Ah yes.  E.H. Joes.

I meant to have this post done this past weekend while the G.I. Joe convention was on, but missing my self-imposed deadline is not a huge deal; Name aside, E.H. Joes has nothing to do with those other Joes.

My first exposure to E.H. Joes was this rather awesome piece of art.


Clicking on the picture will take you to its page on comicartfan.com and Joes writer Davis Dewsbury's explanation that the piece is a tribute to the cover of Captain Canuck: Unholy War #3.

This bad dude is named The Colonel.  I had to find out more about him and when I did...it wasn't quite what I expected.

E.H. Joes is a web comic strip from Double D Comics.  The above art doesn't quite describe its tone but the title of the first volume certainly does; "Attack of the 500 Foot Horny Naked Stripper".  Guess what it's about??

Is it funny?  Well, it's crude and juvenile, so...yes!  But as a mild warning, it's probably not to everyone's taste.  Click here to read their adventures and check out the "specials and one-shots" page for a wicked coloured version of the above image.

No comments:

Post a Comment