Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Z'Isle video game on the way?

In late 2013, I backed the Z'Isle Kickstarter campaign. At the time, the goal was to fund a 6-issue comic book series about a zombie-invested Montreal. It was soon made clear that there was an intention to bring Z'Isle to us in many formats, however, similar to how Heroes of the North release web episodes, comic books, novels, etc.

Backers received a campaign update today which announced...a Z'Isle video game!
The Z'Isle video game has been approved for development funding by the Canada Media Fund! In the game you will be able to create your own character, build a community and of course fight feeders. Also, depending on your achievements, your game character can also make an appearance in the comic book series! 
We presented a pre-development demo at the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) Demo Night, Late January. here are a couple screen captures:



I'm eager to see where this goes. I tried a quick demo a few months ago (I forget the circumstances now, I'm afraid) and enjoyed the "choose your own adventure style". One of the unique features of the Z'Isle comic is that the readers are also its characters. In fact, I made my comic book debut in the second issue. That could translate very well to a video game.

Check out  some Z'Isle goodness on their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment