Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

The Pleasure Is All Mine!

Unless you follow Zenith Comics on Facebook and/or Twitter (and you really should), you would likely not be aware of some very kind words shared here by Andrew Collas earlier today.

While reading the second issue of Zenith's Heroic book, I had quite gleefully discovered that a Canadian character named The Grenadier appeared in the book. I knew of the character's existence but did not think he would be directly involved in the story so his inclusion was a pleasant surprise. I wrote a post about it the following day, if I recall correctly. And here's what Andrew had to say in response to that post: 
Wow! I just found this and I have to say I am humbled. This summer has been a very rough time for me. I love my father at the start and found myself unmotivated, uninspired and spinning. Slowly I have been pulling myself out of the darkness and struggling to get back on the horse, thinking hard if Zenith Comics and Heroic would move forward. Then I read this (and the previous article on the Grenadier you wrote) and I have to say mate, thank you 
I have always said if just one person walks away with something and gets what I am trying to do, then I keep moving forward. 
Well this was just what I needed and it couldn't have come at a better time. 
Thank you
No, thank you.

If you're reading this, you love comics. I do too, or at least I did, and I want to again. Being largely bored by what is being offered by DC and Marvel (I've had nothing to do with the latter in months), following people with a passion for the medium increases my own.

Now with other things to occupy my time, and more than three years into managing this little site, I was finding the whole thing was growing stale. But you sit down one morning with just a few minutes to chug a coffee before heading off to work and someone tells you that something you wrote three months ago just lifted them up and, well...That's pretty damn motivating.

I don't mean to suggest that people haven't expressed gratitude in the past. Quite the opposite, and it is ALWAYS appreciated.

But sometimes the timing of it happens to be just right. So thanks for being the one to provide the jolt of energy today, Andrew, and all the best with Heroic and your other projects.

2 comments:

  1. Hey boss,

    Glad I could help your enthusiasm, as much as you helped mine.

    I did notice one thing in the quote, my autocorrect seems to have put "I love my father..." when what I meant to type was "I lost my father..." So yeah, sorry to be weird ;)

    Drop me a contact on FB, Twitter or via email. I would like to chat privately.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey boss,

    Glad I could help your enthusiasm, as much as you helped mine.

    I did notice one thing in the quote, my autocorrect seems to have put "I love my father..." when what I meant to type was "I lost my father..." So yeah, sorry to be weird ;)

    Drop me a contact on FB, Twitter or via email. I would like to chat privately.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete