Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hightower from Unstoppable Comics

My ears always perk up when I come across a comic featuring a team with an international cast.  And so it was with Stormchasers from Unstoppable Comics.

Regardless of Canadian content, my interest was drawn by a blog entry entitled "Unstoppable Comics prides itself on diversity".  The banner across the top displays several characters of nationalities other than American.  No Canadian presence, but I always find it interesting to see what creators come up with when they put an international group together.  It's an approach that drew me to Argo Comics as well.

As it turns out, the characters displayed on the banner across the top of that blog post are actually replacing the usual team.  The "regulars" do not appear in issue #5 as a result of the happenings in #4, but they do normally include a Canadian named Hightower.


An aspect of indy books I very much enjoy is seeing the progression in quality.  I suppose it makes me feel like I am directly supporting talent growth (admittedly in a very, very small way).

I have now read all five Stormchasers issues and there is a clear increase in quality from the early issues to the current one (similar to when you compare the first four issues of the original Captain Canuck series).  You can get a sample of this by viewing the preview for #1 on drivethru against the cover for #6 below (taken from the Unstoppable Comics Facebook page) on which our boy is quite prominent.


When a release date is announced for this issue, the book will be added to the solicitations page at top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment