Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

A 2-part ICYMI Art post

It's no secret that I love me some Heroes of the North. It is actually because I look forward to their product so much that I actually ignore the material that is offered for free on their website.  I want my books "unspoiled" and in print form when it hits shelves.

As a result of avoiding previews and such then, I don't know for certain what the image of The Canadian below is from.  I follow colourist Keiren Smith on deviantart and was made aware of it by an automated notice that she had posted new artwork.  It's for a story called "Timeout" but I'm uncertain as to whether it will be included in the upcoming anthology (Heroes of the North: CODA) or a future one.


As pointed out on Mrs Smith's page: Pencils by Gibson Quarter, Inks by Guillermo Ortego, colours by Kieren Smith.

The second part of this "in case you missed it" art post is, in my opinion of course, a terrific version of Alpha Flight's Snowbird.


I first spotted it on a tumblr search.  The artist is Yu Lyn Chen and this artwork was actually posted on her tumblr account about a year ago.

Check out her archive page for all sorts of other examples of her work.  I find she's just fantastic. I have never commissioned art before, but Chen makes it very tempting.  I can imagine she'd put together a quality Aurora (classic edition) in black and white.  Hmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful image of Snowbird there, thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete