Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

ICYMI Art: Nelvana sketch cover by Steven Butler

I've been checking in on Gallant Comics for some time because of their use of classic public domain characters. Today, while looking for an image of the Nelvana Of The Northern Lights book cover to add to the left hand side of this blog, I happened across a sketch cover that they had for sale.

The cover to this comic is a piece of original art, hand-drawn and colored (watercolors and markers over india ink) by Steven Butler.  It features a beautiful rendition of the character Nelvana of the North (who has yet to appear anywhere else in a Gallant Comics product).
I'm not sure that they actually can use Nelvana in their books but if they don't, I would expect that they'll come up with a reasonable facsimile. So now I have an even better reason to keep an eye Gallant.

No comments:

Post a Comment